Myrtle Beach Golf Hall of Fame
The Myrtle Beach Golf Hall of Fame was created in September 2008 in conjunction with Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday to honor the men and women who have played significant roles in all aspects of the Myrtle Beach area golf industry. In March 2009, the Hall of Fame was begun in conjunction with the reopening of Pine Lakes Country Club after extensive renovations.
Six inductees were honored in the 2009 inaugural year, two more in each subsequent year. The Hall is permanently housed in the courtyard of Pine Lakes Country Club, where plaques commemorate the inductees. Opened in 1927, Pine Lakes was the first golf course built in the Myrtle Beach area. It was formerly called Ocean Forest Country Club.
2017 Myrtle Beach Golf Hall of Fame Induction
Myrtle Beach Golf Pioneer Vernon P. Brake and Golf Ambassador Robert J. LeComte are the 2017 inductees into the Myrtle Beach Golf Hall of Fame, in recognition of their significant contributions to the growth of golf on the Grand Strand.